Healthy Recipes: Gluten Free Banana Bread
From the Kitchen of Dr. Denice Moffat
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Roasted Almond Butter, brought to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Almond Oil
- 6 large Duck Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Organic Granulated Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ tea Cinnamon Powder
- 3 mashed Bananas
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 4 x 9-inch metal loaf pan with butter and dust with almond flour.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and almond oil with a hand held mixer until smooth, then blend in the eggs and agave nectar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda and cinnamon.
- Blend the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined, then fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans.
- Bake for 35 to 55 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve.
Makes 2 loaves (about 24 slices). Freezes well.
For more healthy recipes go to my website at: http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/recipesrecipes1_filesrecipes1.htm