Spicy No Fat Cranberry-Raisin Bran Muffins
In a mixing bowl, combine:
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (Use C and H as cane sugar does not contain the sulfites beet sugar produces.)
- ½ cup Blackstrap Molasses (Contains lots of trace minerals.)
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt (Contains bioavailable trace minerals.)
- 2 tablespoons Watkin’s or other Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon (Good for circulation and your heart.)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cloves (A natural wormer.)
- 2 teaspoon dried ground Ginger (Great for circulation.)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cardamom (Great for digestion.)
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups Almond milk, Rice Milk, Oat Milk or 1% Milk (Note: Soy milk contains phytates and goitrogens which bind thyroid hormone making it inactive. If you like soy, use fermented soy products or try soy nuts. Heating inactivates the goitrogen.)
- 2 Eggs (Great brain and nerve food.)
- ¾ cup Lighter Bake butter and oil replacement (Great for bowels.)
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract (Used for the brain. Do NOT use imitation—it’s bad for you.)
After the above mixture is beaten until smooth, add in:
- ½ cup Wheat Germ (Huge amounts of Zinc, Selenium and great for reproductive organs.)
- 1 cup Unprocessed Bran (FIBER! We all need more of it.)
- 2 cups Whole Wheat flour (Whole grains take longer to process so are better for our blood sugar levels.)
Then add, last:
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup dried Cranberries (Great for the urinary tract and those sphincter muscles. Makes the inside of the bladder slicker so that bacteria can’t stick to it)
Spray a dot of butter-flavored pan spray at the bottom of 24 regular-sized muffin cups. Divide the mixture up equally into the muffin cups (approx. 1/3 cup mix/cup.) Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Makes 24 muffins.
Cool, remove from muffin tins and serve, refrigerate or freeze.
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone consultation practice established in 1993. She has a content-rich website at www.NaturalHealthTechniques.com and free monthly newsletter.
Helpful Links and References:
- Aluminum-Free Baking Powder: http://www.clabbergirl.com/consumer/products/rumford/
- Lighter Bake: http://www.sunsweet.com/products/info.asp?product=lighter_bake
Tags: bran, cranberry, muffins, raisin