Equal parts thinly sliced (about 6 cups each)
- Pattypan Squash
- Yellow Crookneck
- Several cloves Garlic (or MaryJane’s Farm Garlicscape Pesto)
- A little Red Pepper Flakes (about 1/3 tea)
- Sea Salt (about 1 tea)
- 2-3 Tbls. Pesto
- Onion, Leeks, or Chives (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 cups fresh Parsley chopped
Cook all until tender in light chicken bullion, just enough to barely cover chopped veggies.
Let mixture cool enough so that you can blend them all in a blender. You may have to discard some of the vegetable water to make a thicker soup. (drink that for breakfast—it’s high in minerals)
- Add Feta Cheese crumbled (about 1 cup)and a
- Dollop of Sour cream
Blend until smooth and serve cold or hot.
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone consultation practice established in 1993. She has a content-rich website at www.NaturalHealthTechniques.com and free monthly newsletter. Most months she includes a healthy recipe in her newsletter.