- Encyclopedia of Herbs and Their Uses: Over 1000 plants, 1500 Photographs The Definitive Reference Work for Every Gardener © 1995 by Deni Bown (Beautiful Book. Has lots of things missing in the other books for lesser-known plants.)
- Modern Encyclopedia of Herbs with the Herb-O-Matic Locator Index (c) 1970) by Joseph M. Kadans, N.D., Ph.D. I love this book because it gives all the older common names of the herbs.
- The Complete Medicinal Herbal © 1993 by Penelope Ody (Beautiful Pictures)
- The Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants: A Practical Reference Guide to More than 550 Key Medicinal Plants and Their Uses © 1996 by Andrew Chevallier (Beautiful Pictures!)
- The Herbs of Life: Health and Healing Using Western and Chinese Techniques © 1992 by Lesley Tierra L.Ac., Herbalist
- The Natural Pharmacy: Complete Home Reference to Natural Medicine © 1999 by Lininger, Gaby, Austin, etc.
- The New Age Herbalist © 1980 by Richard Mabey
- The Review of Natural Products © 2001 Ara DerMarderosian, PhD Editor
- The Way of Herbs: Simple Remedies for Health and Healing © 1998 by Michael Tierra, C.A., N.D.
For specific herbs see the Products section: http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/list-of-herbs-scientificcommon-names.htm