- People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
- Forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
- Be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
- Succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
- Be honest and frank anyway.
- What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
- Build anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
- Be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
- Do good anyway.
- Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
- Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
- You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.
- It was never between you and them…anyway.
(Poem found in Mother Theresa’s room)
Helpful Books/Links/References for the poem Anyway:
Books Anyway is published in:
- The Balance of the Future (page 154) by Mark C. Reiner
- Rapid Recovery: Accelerated Information Processing & Healing (Page 218) by Stephen P. King
- The Spiritual Dimension of Leadership: 8 Key Principles to Leading (Page 132) by Paul D. Houston and Stephen L. Sololow © 2006
- On the Art of Business (Page 108) by James H. Merkel and Abdul Wahad Al-Falaii © 2004
- Spirituality in Educational Leadership (Page 33) by Paul. D. Houston, Alan M Blankstein and Robert W. Cole © 2007
- On Purpose for a Purpose (Page 172) by Shelley Hendrix © 2007
- There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem (page 106) by Wayne W. Dyer © 2003
- Deceive No More! (Page 121) by Marthe Bellanton-Bienaime © 2008
- 7 Summits: A Nurse’s Quest to Conquer Mountaineering and Life (Page 63) by Patrick Hickey © 2009
- Be Great: The Five Foundations of an Extraordinary Life by Peter Thomas © 2009