- 1# Ground Organic Beef, Emu, Yak, Buffalo or Turkey
- 2 Onions diced
- 4 cups Water
- 2 (28 oz) cans Organic Tomatoes chopped
- 1 (27 oz) can Organic Kidney Beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 2 Envelopes of your favorite Taco Seasoning Mix (I found Durkee’s brand to have the least amount of MSG and nitrites in it.)
Condiments and Garnish for each bowl:
- ½ Avocado cut into cubes
- 2 Teaspoons Sour Cream or Quark
- 2 Tablespoons broken Pretzels (they are lower in fat than chips) and
- 1 Tablespoons shredded or chopped Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Brown the meat and drain any fat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally 2-3 minutes. Add water, beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Simmer covered at least 15 minutes. Serve very hot.
Place pretzels in bottom of bowl along with diced avocado, sour cream, and cheese. Ladle the hot soup over the condiments then place a couple more pretzels on top as a garnish and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Makes 8 large bowls (Approx. 3 quarts)
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone consultation practice established in 1993. She has a content-rich website at www.NaturalHealthTechniques.com and free monthly newsletter.