Gluten-Free Almond Torte Recipe
Ingredients for Almond Torte:
- 1 ½ cups raw Almonds
- ¼ cups Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt (Celtic is best)
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon pure Anise Flavor
Almond Torte Toppings:
- ½ pint Fresh Raspberries or other fruit
- Agave Nectar to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- 2 Tablespoons toasted, chopped Almonds
Directions: Heat oven to 375. Using an 8-inch round pan put a circle of parchment paper on the bottom. Grind the 1 ½ cups of raw almonds in your food processor until they are like flour but not sticky. Measure maple syrup, eggs, extracts and salt into a measuring cup. Mix well to break up eggs then pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and the center is just set. Be careful not to let the torte bake too long. Remove from oven and prick all over with a skewer, brush on lemon juice, top with toasted almonds. Let set until cool. Enjoy.
This recipe is super easy and delicious. It freezes well if there are any leftovers.
8 Servings/Torte Total Fat: 10.9 gm Total Cholesterol 69.5mg Sodium 68.8mg Total Carbs: 10.7g Dietary Fiber 2.1 gm Protein: 6.1 gm
This Almond Torte recipe was submitted with love for all of us gluten-intolerants by Kathleen Selleck, a long-term client. Thanks Kathleen!
Helpful Links and References:
- If you like these sort of recipes, see more of them in our Recipe Section: https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/recipesrecipes1_filesrecipes1.htm
- Great bulk herbs, essential oils and extracts at reasonable prices: https://www.starwest-botanicals.com/