Baby Bella Stuffed Mushrooms
Winter is that time of the year where many people need more selenium and extra trace minerals in their diets. People often muscle test they need lots of mushrooms as an immune enhancer food. Now some people actually like eating mushrooms (and I have capsules for those that don’t) but how do you eat a cup a day in some cases? We become inventive around here. I made this recipe for the occasional social event I force myself to go to–and they go over quite well. It’s also a recipe for Blood Type O people because it uses Portabella mushrooms.
Did you know that mushrooms contain about 21% protein? That’s pretty good—especially for vegetarians.
Ingredients for Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 24 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms (Portabella)
- 1/3 cup Old London Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Christopher Ranch Basil-Garlic-Parsley Pesto (we make our own)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions for making the Stuffed Mushrooms: Turn the oven on to 350 degrees then clean the mushrooms, pop the stems off and toss the stems and any defective caps into a food processor or mince fine. I add any defective caps to the stems because usually you’ll need a bit more mushroom in the stuffing to heap it into the cap.. Whir or mince the stems and pieces then add the bread crumbs, pesto, and olive oil and mix thoroughly. It should be creamy in texture.
Take a teaspoon and fill the caps with the stuffing. Set the stuffed mushrooms in a foil-lined 9 x 13 inch cake pan. You may have to stack a couple but that’s fine. Now clean up your dishes and by that time the oven will have preheated. Pop them in the oven and cook until golden brown on top—about 40 minutes. Drain the juice after they come out of the oven and add that to some kind of soup for those extra minerals. Serve hot or cold. Makes one cookie sheet of mushrooms.
Helpful Links and References for Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Nutrition of Portabella Mushrooms: http://www.freenutritionfacts.com/portabella-mushrooms/
- Homemade Pesto Recipe (Yum!)
- Mushroom Immune Defense capsules by Source Naturals (just in case you hate mushrooms!)