Preparation time from start to finish: 1 ½ to 1 3/4 hours.
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
- 2 cups sifted Flour
- ½ teaspoon Aluminum-free Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¾ cup granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg, well beaten
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Milk
- Nuts are optional but I leave them out because so many people are allergic to them (including myself)
(No sour milk? I use 2 ¾ tablespoons of fresh milk and top it off with Lemon Juice to create sour milk.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 x 8 inch loaf pan with butter and dust with flour. Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Cream the oil, sugar and egg. Peel ripe bananas and mash with a fork. Use enough to fill 2/3 cup. Add to the creamed mixture, then add the creamed mixture to the dry ingredients alternately with the sour milk in 3 additions. Mix lightly (only until well blended) after each addition. Pour into the greased loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes one loaf. Freezes well.
Reference for Banana Bread Recipe:
- The American Everyday Cookbook © 1955 Random House 2nd Ed. https://www.amazon.com/American-everyday-cookbook-Agnes-Murphy/dp/B0007E4NAC