Carob Almond Ball Confection
It’s sometimes a challenge to get people to eat carob when we’re working on detoxing heavy metals from the body so I look for recipes to hide the carob in. The dose would be one ball per day for about 4-5 weeks.
It doesn’t matter if the carob powder is raw or roasted for this process.
Ingredients for Carob Almond Balls:
- 1 cup Almonds, soaked in pure water for at least 4 hrs, then drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Carob powder
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar (we use raw Honey)
- Spices and flavorings of your choice
- Ginger (powdered or grated fresh)
- Cinnamon to taste
- A few drops of orange essential oil (not extract) to taste
- Coconut Flakes-Unsweetened, Sulfite-free for rolling the balls in.
Place the coconut into a pie pan or something that has sides.
Put almonds in food processor and spin until well ground. Add carob, agave (or honey), and spices and spin until well mixed. Taste to see if you like it. Add a little more agave, if you want it sweeter.
If the mixture seems a little sticky to immediately roll into balls, I will either let it sit for awhile or refrigerate until it sets up. Roll between your palms into approx. 1″ balls, and then roll in the coconut flakes until covered. Store in the fridge.
From the Kitchen of Joan-Claire Veriditas
Helpful Links and Resources for Carob Almond Ball Confection:
- Can’t find Carob Powder? Order it here: https://www.starwest-botanicals.com/product/1-carob-powder-medium-roast.html
- 12 Health Benefits of Carob: https://healthmad.com/nutrition/foods-that-are-healthy-to-heart-12-great-benefits-of-carob/
- Carob Nutritional Information: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/carob-powder#1