- Before He sent his children to earth
- Gave each of them
- A very carefully selected package
- Of problems,
- He promised, smiling,
- Are yours alone, No one
- Else may have the blessings
- These problems will bring you.
- And only you
- Have the special talents and abilities
- That will be needed
- To make these problems
- Your servants.
- Now go down to your birth
- And to your forgetfulness, Know that
- I love you beyond measure.
- These problems that I give you
- Are a symbol of that love.
- These monuments you make of your life
- With the help of your problems
- Will be s symbol of your
- Love for me.
Reference: Charlie’s Monument Quoted from Blaine M. Yorgason
Thanks to Linda W. for helping me to get this poem “just right”