Dilled Carrots Recipe:
This is one of my favorite “fancy” vegetable dishes. Elegant enough to serve to guests and oh so easy to make.
- 3 cups peeled/sliced Organic Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Dill Herb (not seed)
- 2 teaspoons Organic Butter
Put the carrots and dill herb into a saucepan with a bit of water, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes until done (we like it a bit crisp still but you can cook it longer if you prefer it that way.) Drain the water into the chicken scrap bucket. Add the butter to the carrots. Stir. Serve hot.
Notes for Dilled Carrots Recipe:
Dill (Anthum graveolens) contains monoterpenes, flavonoids, is a good source of calcium and is high in arginine (an amino acid). Dill is used for digestion, hiccoughs, diarrhea, as a hormone balancer, for respiratory disorders (allergies, coughing, congestion), as a mouth freshener, antioxidant, relaxant, diuretic, carminative, antispasmodic, antiflatulent and as a galactogogue. Galactogogues stimulate the production of milk—maybe this is why pregnant women like dill pickles?
Helpful Links and References for Dilled Carrots Recipe:
- Butter vs. Margarine (don’t use margarine–use ORGANIC butter) https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/butter-margarine/
- Health benefits of Dill: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/seed-and-nut/health-benefits-of-dill.html