Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or Tapping):
What is EFT? Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a form of energy psychology. Its creator, Gary Craig, distilled EFT from the discipline of Thought Field Therapy, developed by psychologist Dr. Roger Callahan. Emotional Freedom Technique employs fast and effective techniques that combine the principles of acupressure with that of modern counseling to free up and release emotional trauma and physical and emotional pain.
Emotional Freedom Technique is useful in defusing self-sabotaging thoughts and behavioral patterns, dissolving fears and phobias, and breaking up general stagnation and self-limiting beliefs about any given topic. The premise behind EFT is that all negative emotion is the result of a ‘glitch’ or short-circuit in the body’s electromagnetic energy system. It joins other, better known disciplines such as chiropractic, acupressure and acupuncture in this Eastern-based approach to wellness and healing. EFT can be self-administered or facilitated by a practitioner.
Example of where to tap:
Mental Reprogramming for difficult to change problems:
___ Determine a short meaningful phrase that you can say over and over without it being too tiresome to say.
While tapping the following four places on both sides of the body say your phrase 20 times for each place:
1) One inch below the pupils of your eyes high on the cheek bones.
2) Both sides above the breast on the pectoral (chest) muscles.
3) On the inside of each big toe.
4) On the outside of each second toe.
Helpful Links and References for Emotional Freedom Technique:
- To take EFT classes: Tina Craig (the daughter Gary Craig–the developer of Emotional Freedom Technique): https://energypsych.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=213
- To Experience a practitioner: April Rubino www.integrativemindworks.com
- Rent the EFT DVD’s to learn the technique: https://www.eftmastersworldwide.com/content/gary-craig-eft-dvds/