Healthy Recipes: Frittata Muffins
Ingredients for Frittata Muffins:
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Raw Milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1 tea. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 2 tea. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper or Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 cup Grated Cheese of your choice (I use half Feta to mix with the veggies and Colby Jack for the topping)
- 3 cups of your Favorite Frittata/Omelet fillings (I use zucchini, kale, tomatoes, bacon, onions)
- 1 Package of Won Ton Wrappers (Rice or wheat)
Instructions for Frittata Muffins:
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin OR just slip a Won Ton Wrapper into the muffin cup and press it into the sides with an appropriately sized glass.
- Preheat your oven.
- In a frying pan, cook up bacon (chopped to bit size) to nearly crisp. Set the bacon bits aside.
- Drain most of the fat from the frying pan then add the olive oil and sweat the onions.
- Add the rest of your ingredients (except some of the cheese which you will use for topping) and mix this all together.
- Fill each muffin cup with pre-cooked vegetable/meat/feta cheese ingredients.
- Mix egg, milk, baking powder, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Pour egg mixture on top of the frittata mixture in each muffin cup until almost full.
- Top with favorite shredded cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Pop them out of the muffin pan about 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven.
Eat warm or cold. We freeze the leftovers to use on long summer days when we’re too tired to cook after gardening all day.
Helpful Notes, Links and References for Frittata Muffins:
- Won Ton wrappers are usually kept in the refrigerator section.
- What does sweating onions mean? https://youtu.be/Dzgn8oZqX3w