I don’t like onion in my guacamole and it’s hard to find pre-prepared guacamole without them. This authentic guacamole recipe was gifted to me by a wonderful woman who got it from an authentic Mexican woman. The only thing missing from our farm is the ability to grow avocados!
Ingredients for Guacamole:
- 2 small Hass Avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- Celtic Sea Salt and
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to taste
Peel, pit, and mash avocados in a medium bowl with sour cream, juice and salt and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to taste. A food processor works great too. Just throw everything in (but the pits and skin) before you buzz it. Plop the guacamole in a dish and put the pit in the center and cover with plastic wrap to seal air out. Leave the pit in the center of the guacamole for the leftover guacamole and it won’t turn brown.
Helpful Links and References for Guacamole:
- How to easily dice up an avocado: https://youtu.be/HQpAfKjxcak
- Nutritional benefits of avocados: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3664913/
- Avocado guacamole is high in Niacin: