People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them…anyway.
(Poem found in Mother Theresa’s room)
Books Anyway is published in:
- The Balance of the Future (page 154) by Mark C. Reiner
- Rapid Recovery: Accelerated Information Processing & Healing (Page 218) by Stephen P. King
- The Spiritual Dimension of Leadership: 8 Key Principles to Leading (Page 132) by Paul D. Houston and Stephen L. Sololow © 2006
- On the Art of Business (Page 108) by James H. Merkel and Abdul Wahad Al-Falaii © 2004
- Spirituality in Educational Leadership (Page 33) by Paul. D. Houston, Alan M Blankstein and Robert W. Cole © 2007
- On Purpose for a Purpose (Page 172) by Shelley Hendrix © 2007
- There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem (page 106) by Wayne W. Dyer © 2003
- Deceive No More! (Page 121) by Marthe Bellanton-Bienaime © 2008
- 7 Summits: A Nurse’s Quest to Conquer Mountaineering and Life (Page 63) by Patrick Hickey © 2009
- Be Great: The Five Foundations of an Extraordinary Life by Peter Thomas © 2009