I was staying at a Seventh Day Adventist’s home for a block in veterinary school many years ago. She, of course, was a vegetarian as most SDA’s are. We had some wonderful meals. Lentils with Spinach was one of them so I snagged her recipe.
Ingredients for Lentils with Spinach:
- 1 cups Lentils
- 3 cups Water
- 1 pound (1 large bunch) Spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 2 cloves of Minced Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cumin
Rinse the lentils and add them to the water. Simmer covered until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Drain the water off the lentils. Cut the spinach in 1 inch strips. Melt the butter in a pan large enough to hold all ingredients. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Toss the lentils and spinach in and serve hot.
Helpful Links and References for Lentils with Spinach:
- Nutrition of Lentils: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/lentils