Table of Contents
NATURAL HEALTH TECHNIQUES NEWSLETTER
December, 2005 Vol. 1 No 3
In This Issue:
- Health In the News: Just Like Sugar unveiled
- Case of the Month: Colds and flu season
- What’s New on the Website? Ezine Articles, cartoons, and updates
- Ask Dr. Moffat How do you test in absentia?
- Product of the Month: Pretty Feet and Hands and Bulk Foods
- Media Reviews: Dressed to Kill (How wearing a bra causes cancer)
Health in the News: Just Like Sugar
One of my most favorite and gifted healer friends, Dr. Randy Robirds, was just elected president of this new company. They have been working on the development of this product for a very long time. It is made from Chicory and is used in the same proportions as sugar. It does not cause blood sugar levels to fluctuate, so is safe for all of you Type II diabetics. The following information was taken verbatim off the Just Like Sugar www.justlikesugarinc.com website:
78 REASONS TO USE “JUST LIKE SUGAR”® INSTEAD OF SUGAR
In addition to throwing off the body’s homeostasis, excess sugar may result in a number of other significant consequences. The following is a listing of some of sugar’s metabolic consequences from a variety of medical journals and other scientific publications.
- Sugar can suppress the immune system.
- Sugar can upset the body’s mineral balance.
- Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, concentration difficulties, and crankiness in children.
4. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
5. Sugar can adversely affect children’s school grades.
6. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
7. Sugar contributes to a weakened defense against bacterial infection.
8. Sugar can cause kidney damage.
9. Sugar can reduce helpful high-density cholesterol.
10. Sugar can promote an elevation of harmful cholesterol.
11. Sugar may lead to chromium deficiency.
12. Sugar can cause copper deficiency.
13. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
14. Sugar may lead to cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, and rectum.
15. Sugar can cause colon cancer, with an increased risk in women.
16. Sugar can be a risk factor in gall bladder cancer.
17. Sugar can increase fasting levels of blood glucose.
18. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
19. Sugar raises the level of a neurotransmitter called serotonin, which can narrow blood vessels.
20. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
21. Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
22. Sugar can raise adrenaline levels in children.
23. Sugar can increase the risk of coronary heart disease.
24. Sugar can speed the aging process, causing wrinkles and gray hair.
25. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
26. Sugar can promote tooth decay.
27. Sugar can contribute to weight gain and obesity.
28. High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
29. Sugar can cause a raw, inflamed intestinal tract in persons with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
30. Sugar can cause arthritis.
31. Sugar can cause asthma.
32. Sugar can cause candidiasis (yeast infection).
33. Sugar can lead to the formation of gallstones.
34. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
35. Sugar can cause ischemic heart disease.
36. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
37. Sugar can exacerbate the symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
38. Sugar can indirectly cause hemorrhoids.
39. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
40. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraception users.
41. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
42. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
43. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
44. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
45. Sugar leads to decreased glucose tolerance.
46. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
47. Sugar can increase total cholesterol.
48. Sugar can increase systolic blood pressure.
49. Sugar can change the structure of protein causing interference with protein absorption.
50. Sugar causes food allergies.
51. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
52. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
53. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
54. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
55. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
56. Sugar can cause cataracts.
57. Sugar can cause emphysema.
58. Sugar can cause arteriosclerosis.
59. Sugar can cause free radical formation in the bloodstream.
60. Sugar lowers the enzymes’ ability to function.
61. Sugar can cause loss of tissue elasticity and function.
62. Sugar can cause liver cells to divide, increasing the size of the liver.
63. Sugar can increase the amount of fat in the liver.
64. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
65. Sugar can overstress the pancreas, causing damage.
66. Sugar can increase the body’s fluid retention.
67. Sugar can cause constipation.
68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).
69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
70. Sugar can cause hypertension.
71. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
72. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha and theta brain waves, which can alter the minds ability to think clearly.
73. Sugar can cause depression.74. Sugar can increase insulin responses in those consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
75. Sugar increases bacterial fermentation in the colon.
76. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
77. Sugar can increase blood platelet adhesiveness which increases risk of blood clots.
78. Sugar can increase the risk of Alzheimer Disease.
For an extensive list of references, please go to www.justlikesugarinc.com
Case of the Month: Cold and Flu Season is here!
We are dealing with lots of colds/flu/sinus congestion this month. THIS YEAR what seems to be working is Vitamin C (lots of it in the form of citrus fruit), Vitamin A (in the form of orange fruits and vegetables. The herbs—Parsley, Sage Rosemary and Thyme are medicinal herbs that also kill off viruses and bacteria. And Bacterial System Immune Stimulator drops. Most of the colds appear to be mostly bacterial in origin and having to do with some kind of Streptococcus.
Professional Complementary Health Formulations (one of the companies that I most often use for homeopathics) has just come out with some new formulas: Flu Nosode, Bird Flu H5N1 Nosode, and Pneumonia Nosode. If the products above don’t whip you into shape, these products will.
What’s New on the Website?
It has been a busy month for me and the website. My husband, Michael, did readings for all the local political candidates and posted them onto a page on the site. The election passed, many of the pictures were removed, but the winners of the elections still have their readings posted. If you’d like to see what Michael is up to, go to: /Coaching%20Corner/Face%20Reading.htm
I also had help completing my newsletter sign up box. It’s on the home page now. This month’s newsletter is going out via an auto responder, which is really freaking me out…that is why the newsletter is so late this month! This is all new for me. My other newsletter I do for the Miracle Mastery group also went out on a DIFFERENT auto responder this month. So much to learn and know…it sometimes is overwhelming. I’m holding up better than can be expected though.
I submitted 16 different articles to www.ezinearticles.com this month.