This recipe for Sweet Breakfast Quinoa was submitted to me by a favorite client of mine. RoseAnne had this to say, “Hi all—thought you would enjoy this recipe. I tried it today and it was almost like eating French toast—almost. . .” Here it is.
Sweet Breakfast Quinoa
Quinoa is naturally loaded with protein and fiber. To read more . . . https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/quinoa/
Ingredients for Sweet Breakfast Quinoa:
- 1 cup Red Quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- ½ cup Dried Apricots cut into ½ inch pieces (get organic as they are sulfite –free)
- 2 tablespoons Pure REAL Maple Syrup
- ½ Tea. Finely grated Orange Zest
- ¼ cup fresh Ricotta cheese
Instructions for Sweet Breakfast Quinoa:
- In a small saucepan, cover the quinoa with the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 mins. Lightly fluff the quinoa with a fork and cover it again.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Add the apricots, maple syrup, orange zest and cinnamon and stir well until heated through.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet and stir gently to incorporate the almonds and apricots. Top each portion of quinoa with a tablespoon of ricotta and serve.
Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 5 days. Reheat as needed or serve cold.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Total time (including cooking) 25 minutes. Makes 4 Servings.
Nutritional Information for Sweet Breakfast Quinoa: Calories/serving-311, Grams of fat-11, grams of saturated fat-2, grams of carbs- 44, grams of fiber- 4.