Recipe from the kitchen of Dr. Denice Moffat
I wanted to get the spelling right on this but I found several ways to spell it! Tabbouleh, tabbouli, tabbouleh, taboulli. However you spell it? It just doesn’t matter. It tastes great.
Preparation time approx. 35 minutes
Ingredients for Tabbouleh
In a large bowl place:
- ½ cup Whole Flax Seeds
- ½ cup Raw Sesame Seeds
- 3 cups Steel Cut Oats or Ala Bulgur Wheat
- Pour 3 ½ cups Boiling Water over all and mix together.
Let stand 30 minutes, then put into a sieve and rinse.
Add this mixture to the ingredients prepared in a separate bowl below:
In a separate bowl mix:
- 3 cups chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2/3 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 2 cloves fresh Garlic, Minced
- 1 tea. Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ tea ground Cumin
- ½ cup Basil Pesto
- 1-2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Fresh ground Black Pepper
- ½ – ¾ cup Minced Onions
- 3 cups diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cucumbers chopped fine
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Recipe is best when made two days in advance. Serves about 12.
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone consultation practice established in 1993. She has a content-rich website at https://naturalhealthtechniques.com