Zucchini Soup with a Variety of Summer Squashes
Ingredients for Zucchini Soup:
Put into a large cooking pot, equal parts thinly sliced (about 6 cups each)
- Pattypan Squash
- Yellow Crookneck
- Enough Water to cover the summer squashes
- One cube of Chicken Bullion Broth per cup of water (approximately)
- Several cloves Garlic
- A little Red Pepper Flakes (about 1/3 tea)
- Sea Salt (about 1 tea)
- 2-3 Tbls. Pesto
- Onion, Leeks, or Chives (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 cups fresh Parsley chopped
Cook all until tender–about 30 minutes.
Let mixture cool enough so that you can blend them all in a blender in small batches. You may have to discard some of the vegetable water to make a thicker soup. (drink that for breakfast—it’s high in minerals or add it to your dog’s kibble or into chicken feed if you have chickens).
- Add Feta Cheese crumbled (about 1 cup) and a
- Dollop of Sour cream
Blend until smooth and serve cold or hot.
You can freeze the leftovers but if you decide to do that you should not add the sour cream and feta cheese until you thaw and use it.
Helpful Links and References for Zucchini Soup:
- How to make Feta Cheese https://youtu.be/3sH7bf8H60I
- Where to order Rennet for the Feta Cheese: https://cheesemaking.com/collections/rennet (Note, the animal rennet works much better than the vegetable rennet)
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone consultation practice established in 1993. She has a content-rich website at https://naturalhealthtechniques.com