Skin Disease –14 Holistic Treatments That Work!
I always see lots of skin cases. I love these cases because I have huge amounts of personal experience with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, dyshidrotic eczema (I call this Sun Poisoning) and even ringworm.
Dyshidrotic eczema is an irritation that occurs on the palms of hands and soles of the feet where clear, deep blisters pop up that itch and burn. They seem to be worse with sunshine exposure. Man, do these ever itch. As a child I was hospitalized for generalized dermatitis several times.
I believe the core cause of most skin diseases are:
- Food or contact allergies
- Improper Food Combining
- Emotional Distraught
- Vitamin Deficiencies
Children internalize a lot of emotions and I was no different. At age four or five, I was once put into a strait jacket to control my self-mutilation which was causing secondary bacterial infections in my skin. The nurses were not happy with me.
I guess what bothered me most about the whole skin disease treatment process as a child, was that not one doctor asked me what I wanted to do and what kind of treatments I would be comfortable trying. They talked to my mother and ignored me like I was some kind of deaf-mute. I felt used as they dispensed the latest and greatest treatments that they knew of, occasionally doing a regime of antibiotics, steroids, creams and lotions containing urea and things that stung along with bowel cleansings and hospitalizations.
Because of how I was treated, I feel it’s important to allow children to be a part of their treatment protocols, so I spend a lot of time during my consults listening to the children tell me what they think. I take pride in knowing that when given a choice of who they want to go see for their ailments, often children will tell their parents they want to consult me (either in person or by phone.) They know that I will empower them to choose techniques that they feel will help them, and they like it when they can communicate with their parents more effectively about what they think.
I found as a young adult that I was more accurate in listening to my body about what it liked than the doctors and their allergy tests were. Gee, when a kid almost vomits at the smell of hot dogs or gags on their cream of wheat, It’s a pretty good sign there’s a problem with the food . . . the body is rejecting it!
I remember one skin disease food elimination trial where I was only allowed to eat rye-tack for a week in an attempt to clear out my body for some allergy testing. I think it was harder on my Mom than it was on me to tell me I couldn’t eat with the rest of the family. “Wouldn’t you like another piece of rye-tack?” She’d ask with a pained look on her face.
I can’t even imagine what it would be like to see your own child get stuck with 40-50 needles for the testing process they used to do for allergies. These days they do allergy testing using blood. I do it through tapping into the body’s energy field with a process called muscle testing.
Fortunately I grew out of some of my food allergies causing skin disease, but I now manage allergies to sulfites, nitrates, MSG, antibiotics, phenol, formaldehyde, squirrels, guinea pigs, nuts, peppers (causes fibromyalgia signs), pollens, environmental toxins, paints, petrochemicals, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides and who knows what else–mostly with some well-place homeopathics. These allergies show up in a variety of ways in my system, but the easiest symptoms to control are the skin symptoms.
In general, here is what I’ve found works best for skin disease symptoms such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, dandruff and ringworm:
- Bathe and wash your hair daily: Up to 30% of all the toxins we produce in our bodies are expelled through the skin. During heavy pollen times, it’s best to shower before you go to bed to wash off the pollens from your hair as huge amounts of pollens stick to your hair. If we don’t bathe daily, we are loosing the battle. Using dechlorinated, soft water is the best choice. Bathing is easy to do for humans, but let’s face it . . . it’s difficult to give your pet a bath every day. We can only do the best we can with them where diet is a big factor in helping.
- Eat for your blood type: This is an excellent choice of treatment for allergies, arthritis, autoimmune diseases and for acid stomach syndrome (GERD). See the Adamo site on this: https://www.4yourtype.com/
- Add Udo’s Choice Oil blend capsules or the Udo’s Choice bulk oil to the diet. See: www.udoerasmus.com
- Support the adrenal glands with products such as Drenamin® and raw adrenal glandulars.
- Manage stress and cut back on stimulants such as sugar, coffee, tea and sodas.
- Support the liver by eating lots of raw and cooked dark green vegetables.
- Treat the underlying viral or parasitic core causes of psoriasis with homeopathics, appropriate immune builders and wormers.
- Increase dietary zinc. I most often recommend raw, hulled pumpkin seeds—about one tablespoon per day, but I also dispense a lot of Standard Process Lab’s Zinc Liver Chelate supplement.
- Change your pillowcases often. As the pollens get on your pillow from your face and hair, you smash them into your nose and face making your body even more sensitive to them. If you wake up in the morning all stuffed up, you might also want to toss those pillows into a hot clothes dryer once a week for 20 minutes to get the pollens, molds and dust mites out of them as well. Some pollens can travel up to a couple miles, so it doesn’t make sense to get rid of some plants and trees from your yard when your neighbors won’t be getting rid of theirs.
- Use a Neti Pot: A neti pot is a nasal cleansing pot that looks like a little tea pot which you fill with mildly salty water. You run the water in one nostril and out the other. Sounds really gross and I’ve never tried it, but many of my clients with sinus allergies swear by this item. They say it really works to keep their sinuses clear and that since they have been using their neti pot they have their sense of smell back which was not working for years.
- Find out which oils are best to use on your skin after a bath or shower. Often this is olive, cold pressed sesame or almond or apricot oil. Also, Avon Silicone Glove is just an awesome product to use on your hands as it takes the abuse of hand washing for those who need to wash their hands often. Even though it has a scent to it, it seems to work well for people with skin disease.
- Do emotional clearing work: Many allergies have to do with traumas from your past and how these traumas have stored in your body as emotional cysts. Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) are quite good at managing and even eliminating some allergies.
- Fast: A 5-Day water only fast does wonders to detoxify the body and to kill off yeast which is often the underlying cause of many skin diseases. Always do fasting under the supervision of someone well-versed in this procedure. (There are some contraindications to water-fasting.)
- Try Allergy Nosodes: These homeopathic drops do wonders for eliminating allergens from your body. We use Professional Complementary Health Formulations nosodes and have lots of great results with them. My favorites are for food additives, sick buildings, lawn and garden chemicals, grasses and pollens and tree pollens. Tinea-Aid is the best ringworm alternative treatment I have ever come across and can be used for both human and animal ringworm. Vaccinosis Nosode drops do a great job of getting residual small pox vaccine contaminants out of your system (especially for atopic dermatitis.) Bacterial System Immune Stimulator drops do a great job of attacking and removing the different types of Staphylococcus causing oozing, pus and acne in skin cases.
- One can’t do much about your hereditary predisposition to allergies and skin disease, so the next best thing is to minimize, eliminate and manage the environmental influences surrounding the allergy sufferer. So, make a list of everything you are exposed to including: supplements, medications, cosmetics, soaps, cleaners, detergents, perfumes, cigarette smoke, pets, aerosols, work environment supplies and odors, hobbies, household smells, molds, insects, foods that you eat and drink and anything else you can think of that you may be exposed to on a weekly basis. An alternative medicine healer should be able to go through your list using muscle testing to determine which things you can use and which are causing more problems.
- You may want to do some genetic testing to see if you have the MTHFR gene on one or both sides of your family. Your practitioner may prescribe massive doses of supplements but really, you don’t need all of them!
You are the best doctor you have. I was gifted with having skin challenges most of my life. These challenges taught me to listen to my body and to trust it. With a little education and some new ideas and perspectives, you can do this to—and have your life back. If I can do it, you can too! I promise.
Helpful Links and References for Skin Disease:
- Water Fasting: https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/water-fasting/
- Detox Tips you can do at home for Skin Disease: https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/detox-tips/